Anaheim Hills, California
Download Kerry Fields V-Card
Kerry practices in several areas of law. He has an extensive background in handling litigation and transactional matters for clients engaged in a diverse number of industries, including construction, insurance defense, and general business matters. He is experienced in litigating and trying cases in both federal and state courts. He has been very successful in the representation of clients before administrative agencies.
His litigation experience includes the preparation and trial of complex business and construction cases involving difficult liability and damage issues. Representative engagements have included: business and property defense cases involving extensive risk to the client or the insured, bad faith defense for national and regional insurance carriers, all aspects of construction (including claims, liens, defects, insurance coverage, and litigation), corporate law work (including employment counseling, developing business strategies for the growth and sale of businesses which has included the sale of two businesses on Wall Street), business torts, and transportation claims.
He is a frequent lecturer before professional societies and continuing education groups. He is a professor in the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California. He teaches courses in business and corporate law, employment, and real estate law in both the undergraduate and MBA programs.
The law firm has received the highest peer rating of AV through Martindale.
Areas of Practice
- Construction law & litigation
- Corporate general counsel work
- Employment law - employer
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1976
- Law Review, Business Editor, 1975 - 1976
- University of Southern California, B.S. 1973
- American Subcontractors Association, Construction Innovator 2007-2008
- Silver Beaver Award, Boy Scouts of America Orange County Council
Back to top
- KABC-TV Television interview, (KABC-TV May 26, 2010). (TV broadcast).
Provided on camera television interview regarding insider trading allegations.
- CBS & KCAL Nightly News, (CBS & KCAL News KCBS-TV & KCBS-TV September 24, 2008) (TV broadcast).
Provided on camera television interview on corporate management accountability for bank loan bailout bill before Congress.
- 11 PM News, (NBC Universal KNBC-TV November 3, 2007) (TV broadcast).
Provided extensive legal analysis and background to news desk of KNBC-TV regarding the law of strict liability relating to the use and distribution of consumer products.
- 10 PM News, (Tribune Broadcasting Company KTLA-TV September 5, 2007) (TV broadcast).
Appeared in segment as in-studio guest on the topic of ethics and corporate responsibility for the Mattel toys recall.
MSN 9, "The Trials of Enron," (Australian TV June 4, 2006) (TV broadcast).
Provided commentary on American law relating to corporate directorship oversight to Australian network regarding the Enron scandal.
- "Sugar takes corn syrup to court to determine which is worse for your health." Patt Morrison show. KPCC Southern California Public Radio, 89.9 FM, March 21, 2012.
Guest providing live commentary on NPR affiliate, KPCC regarding the health claims of the corn industry's claim that corn syrup was actually corn sugar. Legal commentary on false advertising claims brought by the sugar industry.
- "Entertainment." Chicago Tribune Radio, July 2011.
Discussed quote in Los Angeles Times article about Charlie Sheen for radio interview.
Newspapers and Internet Sites
- Smokers need not apply at Community memorial Hospital, Ventura County Star, (December 31, 2012).
Interviewed and quoted for use in newspaper article.
- Background information, Los Angeles Times, (June 26, 2012).
Responded to real estate mortgage and ethics question concerning California Assemblywoman Alyson Huber.
- Charlie Sheen enters rehab, putting 'Two and a Half Men.", Los Angeles Times, (January 29, 2011).
Provided quotes on ethics of CBS actions with regard to the show.
- Soaring Layoffs are Devastating for Employees and Employers, Ventura County Star, (January 6, 2009).
Provided legal commentary and background information for use in newspaper article.
- Black Panther Battles Ethics, Los Angeles Times, (July 26, 2008).
Interview quoted in Times article on programming issues BET network.
- Report Casts Doubt on Proposed Project, Riverside Press Enterprise (April 27, 2008).
Provided 5 hours of background opinion and quotes for this Inland Empire newspaper.
- Nurse to Head UCI Program, Los Angeles Times, OC Edition, (March 20, 2008).
Provided corporate ethics commentary regarding new administrator hiring for UCI Hospital.
- NBC Drama Features Executive's Firm, Los Angeles Times, (December 3, 2007).
Provided ethical commentary in this follow-up article for the LA Times relating to Ben Silverman's sale of his production company Reveille to NBC Universal.
- JP Morgan Greek Tragedy Sets "Hero” Banker Against Old Bosses, http://www.Bloomberg.com (November 10, 2007).
Provided legal and ethical commentary relative to the actions of JPMorgan as to terminating an employee for relating to a Greek government transaction.
- What will Ben Silverman think of next for NBC?, Los Angeles Times, (June 27, 2007).
Provided ethics opinions and commentary regarding new NBC programming chief whose own show is in a competing time slot on ABC television.
- Overstock CEO reflects on Cramer Debacle, http://news.cnet.com, (March 29, 2007).
Provided commentary to this Internet based news source regarding the naked options trading allegations stated by Overstock's CEO regarding hedge fund traders.
- Sticky Fingers in the Supply Closet, The New York Times, (April 30, 2006).
Legality of stealing from employers and corporate ethics commentary.
- CEO puts Radio Shack in Bind, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, (February 17, 2006).
Gave quotes within the ethics article relating to Radio Shack's CEO behavior.
- UC Irvine Hospital Probes for Nepotism, Los Angeles Times: OC Edition, (February 15, 2006). Provided legal and corporate ethical analysis relating to UCI Hospital.
- UC Irvine Hospital's Diagnosis: Denial, Los Angeles Times, (February 7, 2006).
Provided commentary on corporate responsibility and oversight issues besetting hospital management at UCI Medical Center.
Back to top
- Identity Crisis, People Magazine, (March 20, 2006).
- Teaching of ethics at USC, USC Family Magazine, (July, 2007).
- End of the affair? A court's sobering view of romance, Marshall Magazine, (October 2005).
- Congress calls for SEC probe on leaks from clinical trials, BioWorld Today, (August 11, 2005).
- Contemporary Real Estate Law (© 2013), Wolters Kluwer, Aspen Publishers
- Contemporary Employment Law (2nd edition, © 2013), Wolters Kluwer, Aspen Publishers
- Contemporary Employment Law (© 2010), Wolters Kluwer, Aspen Publishers
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2007
- U.S. Court of Claims, 2005
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1977
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1977
- California, 1976
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Construction Industry Sections
- State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
Back to top