S ince the 1980’s, the firm has represented privately and publicly held companies within the transportation and supply-chain industries. We regularly assist members of the industry with litigation, transactional, and contract negotiation matters. As legal council, we have:
- Represented domestic and international carriers with respect to cargo and commercial claims
• Household carriers
• Air freight carriers
• Air freight forwarders
• Display and exhibit houses
• Van line agents
• Independent van lines
• Warehouse and SIT claims
- Assisted transportation brokers with respect to freight loss and damage claims
- Served full service logistics businesses with litigation and transactional matters
- Handled independent contractor and freight payment disputes
- Successfully defended companies with employment law claims, including overtime, contract, and classification status claims
- Provided successorship planning and mergers and acquisition assistance (including due diligence and sales) of privately held businesses throughout the West.
Industry insurance carriers have appointed our firm as outside defense counsel to their insureds. Our litigation practice includes both federal and state lawsuits as well as alternative dispute resolution from mediation through binding arbitration.